[Darkwood-SCA] Some changes due to SPAM

Michael and Susan McKay seaan at concentric.net
Fri Sep 19 01:40:58 PDT 2003

I apologize for the SPAM message that slipped into the list on 9/15.  The
person who sent that message had to sign-up with a valid email address,
receive a message at that address, and than send the SPAM using the same
address.  This is the first time I've seen a SPAMMER do this on a list that
I run.

I've now gone one step further, and will now require personal approval for
all subscription requests.  That might lead to a delay of 1-3 days in new
subscriptions, and I apologize for the extra hassle.  Just be glad that you
don't have to deal with the 200+ Spam messages that are filtered out by the
members-only-post rule.

Regards,
Seaan