[Bach] San Francisco Bay Area 7th Annual Red Savina Group Buy's Pick Up starts Saturday, Sept. 18th - Notification 6

Art Pierce pierces at cruzio.com
Wed Sep 15 10:50:47 PDT 2004

Re-run for people who missed this notice on 9/9, 9/10, 9/11, 9/12 & 9/13.

Since Chile Heads did not used to do html, I've put a bunch of 2 blank
spaces in the html links that you'll need to take out to get the links
to work properly.

Hi Chile-Heads,

No, you haven't missed out on anything, this is the first notice. I'll
post it also on 9/10 => 9/17 to Chile-Heads-Digest to make sure
irregular readers have more of a chance to join in.

This year, on a trial basis, I'm fronting our group buy with my own
money for 300 lbs. If  I don't sell at least 200.333333 lbs. to recover
my costs - the rest goes to Grey Bears - I'm turning this group buy over
a year earlier to Scott Ashkenaz - who holds a hotluck for ~300 people
every April or May - and Allen Pierce, my son - who works at Driscoll
Strawberry Associates and arranges for a cooler truck on its regular run
to stop by and pick up the boxes of red savinas from the cold storage
place and bring them to Grey Bears' cooler - in 2005 instead of in 2006
when I retire up to Oroville, CA.

The orders will be available in 5-lb. boxes. at $15/box.

175# has already been reserved by email.

Smaller orders than 5 lbs. will be on a first come, first serve basis.

So just bring cash or a check made out to Art Pierce to Grey Bears and
pick up your red savinas.

Grey Bears
2710 Chanticleer Ave
Santa Cruz, CA
95065-1812
1.831.479.1055
Location Map: ht  tp://  tinyurl.com/4epy8

The chiles will be ready to be picked up 10 AM =>3 PM Saturday & Sunday,
9/18-19,
8:30 AM => 3:30 PM Monday through Friday, 9/20 => 9/24
and again 10 AM =>3 PM Saturday & Sunday, 9/25 => 26.

Discolor disclaimer:
The red savinas authorized by Frank & Mary Garcia of GNS Spices are
grown by CJJ Farming out of Santa Maria, CA and are grown in
Bakersfield, which is hotter than the just inland areas where we've been
getting them from in the past - usually a warmer night time soil
temperature increases capsaicin percent. Sal Barajas of CJJ says there
is some cucumber mosaic virus so the size may be smaller on some of the
chiles, but not the flavor or heat. May have photos of these chiles for
emailing to you on your request sometime this week.

Love,

Art Pierce
714 Almond Drive
Watsonville, CA
95076-3608
1.831.724.7204 (h)
1.831.840.3537 (c)
pierces  @cruzio.com

Not necessary for you orders this year, but for 2005, the website at ht  tp://
w  ww.  allen  lee.c  om/hotshop/ (aka Bay Area Red Savinas by Art Pierce) is
back in working order.